Monday, October 12, 2009

Dear San Francisco Street Cleaning Department




Dear SF Street Cleaning:

I appreciate your diligence and stead-fast devotion to keeping our streets free of dirt and debris. Posted signs state that you clean one side of my street three times a week, and the other side two times a week. I have the parking tickets to prove how serious you are about your task. What seems strange is how little of an effect all of your dedication seems to have. After running over a nail on my street required a tire change, I parked carefully on the other side of the street, running over a beer bottle in the process. In your defense, this WAS on the side of the street that only gets cleaned twice a week.

I wish I could nominate you all for the Budweiser "Real American Hero" awards, but sadly, this dedication will have to suffice.

Lovingly Yours,
Me.